Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work and lead in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us
Security First – Our team focusses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds.
Curiosity – Be curious, ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will
Establish strong engineering best practices.
Own IAM Projects and implementation tracks from ideation to production operationalization.
Use & Build integrations to Cybersecurity Tools like Identity management System, Key Management, SIEM and Privileged Access Solutions.
Design, develop and testing of Software: Microservices in REST, Core Java, JS Frameworks and Python.
Be Platform agnostic and work on different platforms including Cloud (AWS,Azure) and/or On Premise Unix, Linux and Windows Infrastructure.
Integrate with Data Analytics platform which includes Big Data Stack like HDFS, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search.
Manage and Mentor junior engineers and closely monitor their progress towards solution delivery using tools like JIRA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in EC/CS/IT
• 7 + years of Solid hands-on experience as programmer/developer with specialization in Java, J2EE or GoLang or one of the contemporary languages
• At least 2 years of experience building full stack applications using Angular.js, Node.js or React
• Strong inter-personnel, analytical & communication skills
• Experience working with a global team operating in different time zones
• Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
• Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
• Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth is a big plus
• Prior knowledge of Apache big data analytics tools and /or Elastic Search is a plus
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.