Staff Software Test Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Test Engineering team is part of Corporate Client Systems (CCS) and is responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation, and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions. The diversity of applications provides incredible opportunities to learn multiple aspects of the business while gaining experience across a wide variety of technology stacks.
The Staff Software Test Engineer will play a pivotal role in the team as an end-to-end test automation specialist. Engaging external teams with different technology stacks and delivery methodologies while synthesizing a test approach that takes these into account will be critical. Additional responsibilities include building test frameworks, gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the organization, and providing input to design discussions.
The candidate will lead/own/deliver Test Engineering goals by
- Collaborating with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation and tools
- Building strong relationships with external teams with a goal of developing robust end-to-end test coverage
- Mastering end-to-end data flows in order to automate testing of the entire application suite
- Design and develop QA load / automation tools and test frameworks
- Work with the team to increase the test coverage
- Execute testing during all stages of development and release cycle
- Work with QA leads to develop and improve effectiveness of automation
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts
- Identify process deficiencies and suggest improvements
- Conduct test plan reviews with stakeholders
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects
- Determine risks to test deliverables and create mitigation plans
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Assist in managing the test platforms
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field
• 5 or more years of hands-on QA/Test Engineering experience
• Test automation expertise/experience required
• Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• 7-10 years relevant work experience or advanced degree in a technology related field
• Experience testing web and mobile applications built on Java and/or C#
• Familiarity with CRM platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics strongly preferred
• Experience testing cloud-based applications (hosted on Azure or AWS) strongly preferred
• Proficiency with Selenium, QTP or similar automation tools
• Strong technical competency in building and executing automated tests in Java and/or C# for both UIs and REST based services
• Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (ADO, Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
• Hands-on experience working with Hadoop and SQL databases
• Familiarity with Genesys IVR and associated test tools such as Cyara
• Experience testing software at the API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client, etc.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
• Experience with Test Case Management related tools (HP Quality Center/ALM, Zephyr, qTest, Testcollab, etc.)
• Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git