Product Analyst/Manager - Account Level Management (ALM)
- Foster City, CA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Account Level Management offers issuers multiple services to help them segment and manage their cardholder programs to operate more efficiently while optimizing their portfolio performance. Issuers enroll cardholders into the service and the data is shared with other Visa downstream systems to enhance the cardholder experience. ALM supports digital enablement strategies and provides extensive portfolio analysis services to gain insight into payment volume and portfolio profitability, including enhanced analytics and reporting options.
Visa's Global Buyer Product organization is seeking a Product Manager/Analyst responsible for maintaining and enhancing the ALM analytics environment and performing analysis on client data processing and spend assessment to reduce risk, ensure system accuracy and improve transparency to proactively uncover potential data issues. The candidate will leverage knowledge of big data, database and cutting-edge data mining techniques, as well as modeling and segmentation. Based on findings from technical data analysis, the candidate will draw insights and make actionable recommendations to management that reflect the client's business needs.
The candidate will partner with global and regional product teams, sales, pricing, technology, client services and others to support client onboarding activities and management of product solutions that ensure the most effective utilization of Visa's global payment solutions.
Ensure system accuracy using Key Performance Indicators and assist in design, development, deployment and execution activities.
Enhance ALM analytics framework with appropriate data mining and analytic techniques
Support data visualization.
Become ALM subject matter expert.
Manage and execute analytics projects independently from end-to-end, work with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to deliver on these projects.
Store, retrieve, and manipulate large volume of data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations.
Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools
Support data-driven decision making.
Coordinate platform product development activities in line with the platforms strategy,
roadmap priorities and business needs to ensure platform reliability.
Collaborate with global technology and cross-functional partners to understand product delivery milestones, timelines and release plans.
Coordinate various production and development activities across the team to assist in managing
milestones and expectations, including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
Define product requirements and detailed use cases based on new enhancements or changing system functionality. Assist in the planning and design of integrating new enhancements into the platform.
Evaluate product designs, design and execute test cases to validate that platform changes meet business objectives.
Support fiscal planning activities, management business reviews and updates on project status to management.
Support client data processing activities, including monitoring operational dashboards and lead meetings with technology as a backup for ALM Operations.
Analyze data to gain understanding of client profiles and impact related to changes in client processing events.
Assist in spend assessment activities to support internal stakeholders and clients.
Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
Eager and flexible to take on new responsibilities as team dynamics change over time.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- B.S. in Business/Finance or Computer Science, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience with data analysis involving large volume of data using common analytical/statistical software in relevant settings such as analytics, business-consulting, or other data-driven functions
- Preferred to have Post Graduate degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver, with a blend of business and technical skills
- Experiences with creating complicated and efficient queries in common database (DB2, HBase, others)
- Expertise using Hadoop, related query engines and applications like Hive, Spark and scheduling software like Airflow
- Experience in data visualization and building dashboards in Tableau or other reporting tools
- UNIX proficiency is must
- Proficiency with SAS as a statistical package/R/Python
- Predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Experience in monitoring production systems to detect and investigate data anomalies under tight time constraints
- Detail oriented - is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in analysis
- Ability to execute and solve problems independently
- Able to communicate data and technical concepts to a business audience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- with others in global cross-functional teams.
- Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation delivery.
- Ability to contribute new ideas and find solutions to business challenges while delivering
- top-quality customer service.
- Demonstrated expertise/power user in Jira and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word).
- Operates with minimal supervision and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently.
- Strong understanding of payments industry is a big plus.
- Understanding of current technology trends in the payments industry is preferred.
Work Hours This position requires availability during and beyond core business hours to support working with regional offices across the world and with global technology partners.
Travel Requirements This position may require some travel, less than 5% of the time.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.