Sr. Technical Product Manager - Innovation Centers & Regional Solutions
- Bangalore, India
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing, and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything, and everything in and around world’s largest payment ecosystem?
We’re looking for a seasoned individual to drive game-changing innovation in and around Visa’s partner eco-system for Asia Pacific, and specifically India. You should have experience driving multi-skilled teams capable of rapid prototyping of new ideas as well as scale these to commercial solutions. You and the team will be at the forefront of strategic partnerships, breakthrough technologies, new ideas, hackathons, demos, and rapid prototyping. You will work closely with business development teams, partners, and internal product teams and cross- leverage engineering talent internally and externally.
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into demo-able products, and ultimately to commercial product
- Work alongside and collaborate with UX, engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles – translating business requirements to technical requirements
- Break down business/product requirements into clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets
- Help define the broader roadmap for the group and work closely with stakeholders in prioritization of roadmap deliverables.
- Participate in sprint planning, daily stand ups, product demos, test phases, retrospectives to ensure on-time and high-quality delivery
- Work very closely with development and QA organization to ensure technical specifications and final product meet business requirements
- Derive insights from data and help drive decision making
- Maintain release plans and publish release notes to stakeholders
- Provide oversight to develop user guides, user training materials
- Provide product demos, user training and support for adoption of features and applications
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key products and services
- Understand User Experience, design thinking and its importance to product features
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Able to scale the successful pilots to full commercial solutions
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up soon
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences
• Professional experience in ideation and incubation which has led to shipping products
• Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, product definition/solutioning and software design
• Solid understanding of payment industry and multi-channel commerce space
• Experience, ideas, and opinions about emerging trends such as Biometric Authentication, Internet of Things, and Digital Currency
• Proven skill-set and track record in developing one line ideas into products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and drive for excellence
• Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
• Capable of building culture for innovation
• Core technical understanding/comfort level, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs and Mobile application development on diverse platforms
• 12+ years of overall industry experience of which 4+ years is in a technical program/ product management role with increasing responsibility
• MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Prior experience working in a start-up or at VC firms in a “Resident Entrepreneur” capacity
• Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
• Patents and other proofs of past success in creating IP
• Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, and developer tools
• MBA and/or advanced technology degree is a plus