New Graduate Development Program-Business Associate
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The New Graduate Development Rotation Program (NGDP) is a two year program with four six month rotations through Visa’s functions. The NGDP program supports Visa’s mission to build a strong entry level pipeline of talent with cross-functional knowledge and experience. Associates rotate through various parts of the business, including but not limited to: Digital Solutions, Marketing, Processing, Product, Sales and Strategy. In addition to meaningful rotations, Associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking and leadership exposure.
Sample Rotational Assignments Include:
Visa’s Global Product Team is responsible for all aspects of product strategy and development in consumer and business products that drive revenue growth for Visa. The team develops new channel solutions and technology support, builds alliances and solutions for new products, and is responsible for product analytics. Products include Visa’s prepaid cards, Visa Signature, Verified by Visa, and others. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Supporting the design and delivery of analytic projects and solutions for Issuer and Merchant clients (i.e., supporting the development of Excel and PowerPoint outputs including articulation of key insights for clients, actionable recommendations and value).
- Performing exploratory analysis and data mining on large datasets based on business hypothesis.
- Performing ad hoc analysis, business Intelligence requests and data extractions.
Marketing & Communications
Visa’s Global Marketing & Communications Team conducts market research and analytics on consumers and clients to develop best-in-class marketing plans that accelerate Visa product adoption and growth. Additionally, this team is dedicated to increasing Visa brand equity through building trust with clients and investors and communicating corporate themes like Financial Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility, among other strategies. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Researching key merchants and their marketing strategies and summarizing the public data on those merchants.
- Creating individualized merchant marketing strategies and recommendations.
- Developing debit/prepaid positioning strategies for issuers.
Visa’s Global Merchant Sales & Solutions organization strives to be a trusted, strategic partner for the merchant community, delivering tangible value to increase revenue, increase efficiencies and grow business intelligence. The team is staffed to align with customers and business opportunities around the world. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Analyzing the impact of competitive offerings that might disintermediate Visa cards.
- Supporting senior sales staff in their negotiations with merchants.
- Assisting in developing a performance dashboard for products to present internally to client.
Visa’s Global Corporate Strategy Team is responsible for corporate strategy development and coordination, enterprise strategic projects and planning, strategic intelligence, and knowledge management. The team identifies, develops, and executes high-impact, complex global corporate initiatives that improve Visa’s growth and market position globally. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Developing business cases for select strategic opportunities that will generate revenue over a 3-5 year timeframe.
- Assisting in the identification of key insights/trends for Commercial payments.
- Supporting the research efforts focused on analyzing Commercial Consumption Expenditure globally.
The Global Processing team is responsible for processing all domestic and international Visa transactions through Visa Net. The core priority of the group is to defend Visa’s role in the payment value chain and increase transactions conducted on VisaNet. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Supporting development of analysis to prioritize initiatives and identify target clients/markets/sectors.
- Developing business cases to size the market or revenue opportunity.
- Providing analytical insight in support of executing and implementing strategies that secure and increase volume and revenue from processing products across network, issuer and acquirer processing.
The Corporate Relations team works with Visa’s marketing teams to understand our constituents and their unique needs to ensure Visa delivers the most effective strategies to each group. To achieve this goal, the Corporate Relations team works with sponsors marquee events like the Olympics and FIFA, creates assets that issuers and merchants use to grow their own business, embraces social media, protects and grows Visa’s reputation, engages employees, and measures the results of campaigns. Responsibilities in a rotation may include:
- Researching, recommending, and implementing a corporate approach to measure the impact of Visa’s philanthropic investments.
- Creating a cross-function Key Performance Indicator Dashboard across Visa’s Corporate Responsibility areas.
- Supporting regional Visa Security Summit events by creating media and social content.
- 2017 graduate with a Bachelor’s degree
- All majors welcome to apply
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership capabilities as demonstrated in professional, academic, or volunteer environment
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Applicants from University of California - Berkeley, University of California - Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Stanford University, Hampton University, Howard University, University of Texas at Austin, and Northwestern University: the deadline to apply is listed on your individual career portals.
Applicants from all other schools: please apply by October 28, 2016 to be considered for this position.