Medical Administrative Assistant
- Needham, MA
Visions HealthCare is an integrative healthcare facility based in Dedham, Massachusetts. Since 2008, it has aimed to develop a sustainable care model by providing a complete and unique approach to wellness. Rather than simply “fixing” symptoms of illness, Visions’ goal is to foster fundamental changes that allow patients to live healthy, vibrant, productive lives well into old age. Visions believes that health is made up of five core areas – physical, biochemical, emotional, energetic and spiritual. The practitioners work as an integrated team in traditional and alternative therapies to help patients achieve balance in all five areas.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- o Answering phones
- o Relaying messages to doctors and patients
- o Appointment scheduling
- o Medical record maintenance
- o Maintaining all patients’ confidentiality
- o Processing prescription refill requests, insurance forms
- o Following up with patient inquiries by phone and email
- o Special projects as needed
- o Previous employment as a Medical Secretary/Medical Administrative Assistant
- o Ability to multi task, and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- o Must be friendly, bright, sensitive and patient with a diverse group
- o Must possess excellent communication skills and exemplary customer service
- o Centricity or other EMR and data entry experience required
- o Desire and willingness to learn new skills and work as a team player
This is a full-time position with benefits available. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required and will be planned in advance.
All interested candidates should reply to this message with their resume and a cover letter. Cover letters MUST answer the following questions to be considered:
- What interests you about being involved in an integrative medicine practice?
- What skills and characteristics do you possess that make you an excellent candidate for this position?
- What experience have you had working in a medical or wellness office, and what do you feel you can bring to our dynamic team?
For more information on Visions HealthCare, please visit www.VisionsHealthCare.com
Please, no phone calls or recruiters. Visions HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable state or federal law.