Senior Oracle Developer
- Reston, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Provide database design and development services helping to design and implement relational database capabilities in Oracle. Analyze new requirements to build new capabilities in the CPE data tier, and also provide enhancements and bug fixes to existing databases. Strategize with data tier customers and project representatives to understand their data requirements. Develop Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) using data modeling software and CASE tools, transform ERDs into physical database designs in Oracle, and build database objects according to specifications. Develop supporting structures (for example, views, indexes, sequences) and programs in Oracle, including PL/SQL packages. Additional Duties Include:
- Analyzing project data requirements • Developing Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) as part of overall data tier model to support project requirements
- Documenting designs in database design/CASE Tool (Oracle Designer)
- Developing physical database designs based on logical ERDs
- Generating and writing data dictionary language (DDL) statements in SQL to build database objects
- Building database structures and programs in Oracle
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL programs
- Developing security procedures and programs to protect sensitive data
- Following established configuration management (CM) practices and procedures
- Analyzing project database performance requirements
- Tuning database applications
- Performing bug fixes and technical enhancements.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
- Full lifecycle development experience of large, mission-critical applications
- Software engineering and database application development skills
- Relational database design skills
- Experience with database design/CASE tools
- Strong background and experience in Oracle Relational Database Management System
- Strong experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge and experience implementing complex security policies in Oracle, such as with Fine-Grained Access Control.
- Understanding and ability to work under established configuration management practices and policies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan workload and meet established deadlines
- Intel Agency's experience highly recommended.