Senior Database Administrator
- Vienna, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Responsibilities will include working closely with the business human resources business element and developing a data dictionary. This includes serving as a technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development. Provide status and presentations to senior management on technological initiatives and trends.
Additional responsibilities will be providing technical direction of enterprise IT initiatives, including, technical solutions for technology alternatives as other technologies are sunset due to CIO directives or vendor support.
In addition, feedback and support of the creation of the overall technical roadmap on strategic direction by attending working groups and boards as a technical SME.
Additional duties include:
- Administration, maintenance and control of database optimization, capacity, security, configuration, scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities. • Managing data and referential integrity of the database.
- Mentor and interact with other team members for the dissemination of information about the database and system administration.
- Periodic backups of the database and operating system.
- Plan for and support hardware/software installation and upgrades.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
- Oracle RDBMS – 10g and 11g.
- Experience in creating data dictionaries.
- Working knowledge of data modeling.
- Working knowledge of data modeling tools.
- Experience in creating interface documents related to data dependencies.