Information Assurance Engineer
- McLean, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Ensure that information systems securely operate according to the security controls in the production environment. Assist Administrators with operational security compliance in accordance with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53, review system audit logs, review Administrator actions and adherence to security policies and regulations. Review account activity for Administrators, privileged users, and general users. Respond to security incidents and events, review and approve proposed changes to system baseline configurations, enforce standard configuration management practices, and perform updates to the SSP and related security documentation. Work closely with the component Information System Security Manager through regular briefings, meetings, and discussions in regard to information security. Intel Agency's experience highly recommended.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
- Knowledge and experience with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, NIST SP 800-53, and other IC Standards relating to information security.
- Knowledge and experience with Server/Client technologies, OSI model, and the TCP/IP model.
- Experience with security vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, WASSP, SECSCAN) and network scanning tools (e.g., Nessus, Nmap).
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS, and GPO's.
- Knowledge and experience with the certification and accreditation process.
- B.A./B.S. in Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Assurance or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain System Security Plans and related technical documentation.
- Certifications: CISSP, CAP, SANS GSEC or GCIH, CCNA, Security +
- Experience with Unix/Linux, VMware, Incident Handling and Response, Configuration Management, Log management tools