- Herndon, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Maintain complex high performance clustered systems: expertise of network design, configuration and maintenance using routed IP/Ethernet networks and the ability to expand that knowledge into other network architectures. The selected Network Engineer will provide networking design, configuration and maintenance of multiple networks. The selected candidate will be a member of a dynamic team that develops, deploys and maintains multiple high-performance, clustered back end systems as well as customer front-end (UI)applications.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
- Proven experience and knowledge of communications industry standards and practices, as well as communications equipment wiring interface standards and installation practices.
- Considerable knowledge of LAN/WAN technology and protocols including routing, switching, TCP/IP addressing and sub netting.
- Ability to access technical characteristics of new operating capabilities proposed for inclusion in the network to determine potential impact on network performance.
- Ability to utilize complex network analysis tools to resolve complex network performance problems.
- Understanding of IP satellite modem technology, IP acceleration and TCP organization techniques.
- Familiarity with IP and bulk serial encryption devices and technologies.
- Considerable knowledge of the Customer’s Communications and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with customers, systems architects, and developers to identify and shape requirements that meet performance and InfoSec requirements.