Sr. SAN Engineer
- McLean, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Be personally responsible for the support of three physically separate SAN infrastructures and work alongside other storage managers to help support several additional enclaves. Environments consist of EMC and Cisco SAN products. Other duties include:
- Evaluate current infrastructure for refresh to meet future requirements.
- Assist other system and network engineers in monitoring the storage network capacity, performance and stability and other day-to-day storage management needs.
- Maintain configurations and security sets.
- Interface with vendor technicians on preventive maintenance schedules and upgrades.
- Work with the backup administrator and systems admin to increase the efficiency of backup, restore, and archive methodologies.
- Review and revise continuity of operations and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
Requires documented working experience with EMC Corporation enterprise storage arrays and hands-on capabilities with Cisco Systems 9513 or Brocade Corporation DCS core directors. Familiarity with EMC Data Domain also required.
Candidate should be a strong technical writer with experience in requirements gathering and working directly with customers.