Oracle/SQL Database Engineer
- McLean, VA
Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). Founded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Evaluate and investigate Database Discrepancies/Improvements/Data Transitions and DBA Requests submitted by the customer community. Design and code the approved approach using the appropriate method such as PL/SQL, SQL/Loader, SQL. Develop, implement, and execute test plans to ensure that the data is correct in accordance with requirements and that referential integrity is maintained. Advise application programmers in the effective and optimal use of database languages; advise on troubleshooting, exception processing and performance.
MUST HAVE Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full-scope Polygraph
Only Applicants with this clearance will be considered
- Minimum 1-3 years experience of Standard Query Language (SQL), both Data Manipulation Language (DML) and Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Experience with SQL/Loader
- Experience with Toad and/or SQL Developer database development tools
- Experience with Entity-Relationship Modeling and Database Design
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Familiarity with shell scripting
- Oracle 11g
- Experience with ERWin model management tool
- Experience with Subversion and Tortoise
- Experience in the data transition process
- Knowledge of FusionGen, Java, and/or LotusNotes
- Knowledge of NCSCR data model
- Knowledge of Program database