District Marketing Manager - San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA
Know where Brazil is on the map? Good. Know what a coconut looks likes? Even better. Are you a hard-worker with a go-getter personality? YOU’RE HIRED. Well not quite.
Vita Coco, the pioneer in coconut water and the #1 selling coconut water in the US, is a passionate, fun-loving, Brazilian brand in one of beverage’s fastest growing and most profitable segments. Beyond its impressive natural hydration and functional benefits, Vita Coco has built a real following in popular culture with celebrities, professional athletes, top-selling musicians, and many more. This is where you say SIGN ME UP. But we say, slow down cowboy, read the rest.
Vita Coco is looking for a super-star marketing professional based in the San Francisco area to join our team of cohorts.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for…
- Bringing the Vita Coco brand to life in the San Francisco metro area through consumer sampling, events, influencer marketing, and activation of local assets
- Managing and executing the strategic marketing direction of the brand; tailoring brand marketing initiatives to the local market landscape
- Working with the local sales team/local retailers to integrate into key sales programs, driving brand awareness and product sales
+ Hire, train, motivate, inspire and lead a team of Brand Educators responsible for educating consumers on the functional benefits, delivering Vita Coco experiences, and activating events in the local markets
+ Manage a Market Activation Manager (40 Hours) who is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating consumer sampling activity
+ Oversee planning of all consumer sampling ensuring the Team engages new consumers and continually brings new consumers into the franchise
+ Strategically coordinate and execute all sampling initiatives including in-store demos
+ Meet measurable and specific quarterly objectives with regards to all sampling activities
+ Seek opportunities for VitaCoco to support key events that are reflective of the Vita Coco brand values and deliver an authentic message to the consumer. In conjunction with MAM, manage all related event logistics.
+ Entrench yourself and Vita Coco (through influencer marketing) in relevant grassroots sport and culture scenes that impact key targeted consumers by building relationships with market influencers, ultimately leading to increased brand visibility and opportunities for the brand
+ Identify lifestyle account opportunities and work with sales counterparts to open these accounts
+ Build and activate 360 plans around local assets
+ Build and maintain strong relationships with sales counterparts; working together to excite and educate our distributors
+ Train retail staff on the product intrinsics, and execute store checks for visual merchandising
+ Provide weekly recaps with photos from key events and sampling missions
+ Build and manage collegiate marketing plans
+ Responsible for all BE timesheets and event recaps
+ Responsible for timely planning, reporting, and communication
+ Budget tracking required
- Minimum 3 years grassroots marketing experience with experience managing, training and motivating a team.
- Adequate knowledge of the market including demographics, psychographics and market trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting and training abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
Submit resumes to email@example.com with DMM- San Francisco in the subject line.
No recruiters please! Any resumes submitted by recruiters will be considered the property of All Market Inc./ Vita Coco. No fees will be negotiated or paid.