VAS - Contract Manager
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
Scope of Work
- Administer existing contracts with external parties Assess and
- ascertain existing contractual risks
- Defend financial positions of the Company
- Analyze contractual terms and identify potential risks and opportunities associated with application of contract clauses
- Provide professional advice and support to Company and Project Team Lead and support on defense against claims, disputes and conflicts
- Resolve contractual disputes with consultation with the Company
- Prepare and implement claims to external parties
- Draft, review and issue letters to external parties to reiterate contractual terms
- Support closure of contract upon completion of Project
This is a fixed term assignment and no relocation assistance will be provided.
- Degree in Engineering or other relevant industries, degree in Law preferred.
- relevant contract management experience Experience in Oil and Gas environment
- Experience in contractual dispute management
- Good track record in claims management
- Experience in setting up liquidated damage claims to external parties
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”