Senior System Administrator
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
System administrator with minimum 10 years of experience of hands-on and multi-tasking, adept at handling multiple systems operations, including installation, upgrade, configuration, administration and maintenance of mostly Windows server based systems, and several other appliances. Manage projects from beginning to end, manage professional services, handover and provide documentation.
· Managing over 100+ virtual servers – Windows 2012 R2 and 2019.
· Vcenter and ESXi administration and have orchestra scripting knowledge.
· Netapp Metrocluster experience.
· Data Center experience.
· Managing backups using Veeam
· Administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LDAP and Group Policy
· Manage Microsoft patches, service packs and feature releases through SCCM.
· Enhanced team productivity and automated repetitive tasks by using batch files, PowerShell, VBScript
· Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
· MS Exchange 2016 (physical box) administration, including global rules, policies, monitoring, scripting, upgrades, sizing, etc… With a very good understanding on messaging principle (mx and SPF records, S/mime signature, encryption, etc…)
Qualifications and Experience
- Windows Server Administration (Windows 2012 R2, 2019)
- VMware ESXi and vCenter administration
- Citrix Farm administration
- Active Directory Domain Services administration
- Airwatch management and administration
Networking topology global understanding (DMZ, load balancing, firewall, Vlans, etc…), preferably Checkpoint firewalls (not essential)
- Centreon monitoring
- Veeam backup technologies
- NetApp SAN storage (Metrocluster), NFS/CIFS protocols
- Exchange Server Administration (Exchange 2016)
- Honest, trustworthy and flexible
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and demonstrate sense of ownership and accountability
- Resourceful and able to think creatively
- Team player with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and travel if required
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”
Only successful candidates will be notified