VAS - Research Analyst (Fuel Oil)
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
Please note - no relocation/ permit assistance is provided of this position!
The Research Analyst position is a key entry level role, enabling strong candidates to get immersed in a P&L driven environment, develop core analytical skills, and build up knowledge of the oil markets. The core contribution is to maintain and develop our systems for monitoring the international flows of fuel oil. In particular, quality-checking and inputting requires attention to detail; further developing our vessel tracking algorithms requires technical and programming skills; whilst reporting and engaging with the trading teams requires great communication and relationship skills. The role is also characterised by a fair amount of ad-hoc research and commercial contributions.
- Perform gathering and reporting of diverse data sources including oil market surveys, financial reports and other publications for a better understanding of the market.
- Perform tracking of flows of all traded and certain non-traded product grades in East of Suez, as well as arb flows from the Atlantic Basin, leveraging on in-house and external ship tracking tools.
- Build and maintain a central database for tracking, reporting and analyzing all product grades in the complete value chain covering activities of producers, traders and refiners, leveraging on existing in-house database.
- Good degree in analytical or technical disciplines.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Meticulous, persistent with a sense of curiosity.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Good time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Experiences in market or trade flow analysis will be an advantage.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Only successful candidates will be notified.
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”