Quantitative Commercial Analyst
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
Please note this is an entry level role
You will work as a member of a trading team. Going beyond the traditional entry level Commercial Analyst role, you will work with research analysts to come up with creative analytical solutions, and aim to tackle existing technological inefficiencies on the trading side. You will receive guidance and support from the local Frontline Technology team on your project ideas. The role will offer you an opportunity to impact the commercial decisions, and the business itself, far more than a traditional entry level position. You will be involved in transforming the way analytics are performed at the firm.
- Utilize computer science background to streamline and automate the tasks of the role
- Assist traders and research analysts in performing analytics
- Acquire a good understanding of trading strategies and cost management
- Manage the trade capture system including monitoring of costs to ensure accuracy of P&L and exposure
- Acquire basic understanding of operational events/costs types and the consequential impact on trading P&L and exposure
- Contribute to risk management on corporate level – by ensuring that audit/risk measures in place are complied with
- Computer Science degree or experience in Software Development role
- 0-2 years in a Software Development role
- Interest in Markets
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Only successful candidates will be notified.
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”