Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
Are you graduating end 2021 / beginning 2022? Then we are keen to speak to you about the Commercial Analyst position.
- Maintaining detailed position summary for respective business unit
- Compiling daily profitability reports enabling traders and brokers to determine how market moves are impacting their positions
- Contributing to the weekly summary to Board on P&L movement
- Ensure all deals have an accurate Mark to Market.
- Maintain, calculate and issue daily price exposure to the Matrix
- Maintain profit / loss reporting to ensure these are accurate at all times.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required by brokers, traders, marketers and management
- Graduate degree with an excellent academic record, preferably in an analytical discipline
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability and comfort with Excel
- Clear understanding of accounting and valuation concepts
- Additional language skills, an advantage
- Proficiency with VBA, Python, and R/Matlab would be an additional advantage
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial
- Incisive and accurate judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure
- Creativity and problem solving
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”
Only successful candidates will be contacted.