Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
The Credit Analyst will report to the Deputy Credit Manager and be familiarized with the credit risk profile of the Asia business. Assisting the Deputy Credit Manager in escalating significant credit risk issues, facilitating the execution and improvement of risk management processes and providing solutions to the traders to achieve the business objectives.
- Assess the creditworthiness of trading counterparties, under the guidance of the Deputy Credit Manager.
- Assist in preparing files and credit requests to Credit Committee on a timely basis.
- Monitor exposures, limits and overdues of the Asia portfolio on a timely basis
- Monitor news and credit events impacting the Asia portfolio of counterparties.
- Ensure the agreed credit, collateral, and payment terms are correctly reflected in contracts and system.
- Provide inputs to improve credit risk frameworks and methodologies for new products and markets.
- Participate in counterparty meeting with traders and marketers on the energy portfolio
- 1 to 3 years of work experience, ideally with experience in credit analysis· Preferred with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills (including performing detailed financial analysis) and able to articulate position.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Business proficiency in Mandarin is a plus.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Only successful candidates will be notified. No relocation assistance provided for this position.
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”