Desktop / End User Computing Support
- London, UK
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Revenues in 2019 were in excess of $220bn. For more information please visit: https://www.vitol.com/
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vitol has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which we believe encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely.
Our business is global and our people are as diverse as the world in which we work. We have over 60 nationalities among our team – giving us a diversity of thinking which we believe translates into a greater understanding of our customers and better and more informed decisions.
As a member of the Management Information System (MIS) helpdesk team, you will have responsibility for:
- Providing day to day 1st & 2nd level support for both hardware and software related to EUC (including Hardware and Software support, telephony land and mobile, and printers)
- Will be expected to work on rotation in a shift pattern allowing for full market window coverage
- Assisting in the set-up of meeting presentations and Videoconferencing calls
- Preparing in the desk preparation of new joiners, including PC, phones, network connection and AD account creation and management
- Install, configure and maintain workstations hardware and software (Operating system and applications such as Windows 10, Office 2019, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, MarketView and office add-ins, macros inc Python coding (useful) etc)
- Manage iPhone, computers, printers, scanners and other hardware
- Follow and maintain applications deployment via SCCM
- Preparing the desk set up for visitors
- Support and answer user’s questions in London.
- Support and interact in an International MIS team.
- To document changes, guidelines and follow procedures
- Will be required to work beyond normal business hours when needed and be on call if required
- Analyse incident/request and propose improvements
- Experience: Preferably at least 5 years’ experience as helpdesk or similar position
- Very strong technical skills on Microsoft environment (Workstation Windows OS and Office products)
- Knowledge of telephone systems (i.e. VoIP Avaya) and turret (Cloud9)
- Knowledge of SCCM, Citrix, GPO. Airwatch is an advantage
- Previous experience working with a commodities and/or trading industry, an advantage
- An understanding of trading support applications, such as Reuters, Bloomberg, etc., an advantage
- Education: Preferably Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related IT Course
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Capable of prioritising tasks and meeting critical deadlines
- Structured and rigorous
- Good management under stress and pressure
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail
- Flexible and available out of business hours
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in written
- Users oriented
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity