Senior Software Engineer (Android)
- Atlanta, GA
Vocalocity, a Vonage company is a leading innovator of small business Voice over Internet Protocol communication (VoIP). Through our cloud-based VoIP solution, we continually deliver the best in value, technology, and service to our customers. Our leading-edge technology eliminates the need for costly on-site phone equipment, creating the perfect affordable solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
We are a growing, exciting and dynamic company located in Atlanta, where hard work and achievement are recognized and rewarded.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity to work with a bright, motivated group of individuals who share a common goal.
When you step into the Vocalocity office, you’ll instantly be greeted by a fun, vibrant, high energy, collaborative, casual culture.
If you’re the type of person who thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with an all-inclusive, diverse culture, then you’ve landed in the right place!
As a senior Android developer, you will have the opportunity to create and enhance a Android mobile application for communication solutions.
On this team you'll have the ability to apply all that you've learned to enhance our GUI used by our customer base. At Vocalocity you'll have the opportunity to shape your career path based solely on your talent and work ethic.
The successful candidate must have BS in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Develop our native Android app, design and implement new features based on business requirements.
- Work with UX team to design and implement UI elements based on wireframe designs.
- Implement requirements as defined by the business quickly, in a collaborative fashion and with a high degree of quality.
- Participate in the complete Agile development process including planning, design/architecture and demo sessions.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
Is this position for you?
Do people describe you as …
- Able to work independently with minimal managerial oversight
Do your skills include …
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff
- Excellent Communications – both verbal and written
Does your experience include ….
- 2+ years full lifecycle development of native Android app with Android SDK, experience with advanced UI features in Android
- Working on Android applications that runs on ALL major Android versions
- Android Apps published in Google Play
- 4+ years’ in development of desktop/mobile applications
- 5+ years’ developing Java applications
Bonus points if your experience includes ….
- ActionBarSherlock library
- Android Test framework
- Work with RESTful Web Service API, JSON, HTTP client programming
- SIP protocol
- Agile projects