Commercial Lead France (m/f/d)
- Av. des Champs-Élysées, 75008 Paris, France
- Job Location: Paris
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As Head of France, you will have the most exciting responsibility to lead the launch of air taxi services in Paris and France, to build our local presence and to define our local culture. You will help to hire and and lead a dynamic, diverse and motivated team reporting to the Head of Business Development. Your days will vary from forging and managing relationships, customer relationship management, developing future services, guiding your team and external advisers efficiently and pragmatically as well as communicating closely with our HQ. You will engage with the media and other stakeholders. After all, air taxis are new to most if not all of us. You will have to prioritize and assess the importance of tasks and you posses solid project management experience. A “Jack/Jane of all trades” will give you an advantage as you will need to be flexible and comfortable with the unknown.
- Build Volocopter in France – you will lead the set-up of our company in France, help hire key colleagues and create a welcoming, performing, and a focused team
- Be a team player – you will think about team development and training, be a trusted manager and colleague. Train your team in project management, reporting, a “getting things done” mentality and demonstrate how to scale up rapidly
- Brand Ambassador – you will act as the external representative of Volocopter in Paris and France, engaging with political, business and media stakeholders including governmental agencies and public institutions
- Explain and network – you will have responsibility and a say on marketing activities and plans, events and general sales activities
- Deal maker and person of action – You will develop long-term business growth strategies, negotiate sustainable and sensible business deals and put those into action
- Build the business – you will identify and manage strategic partnerships, foster an ecosystem of excellence and quality including the development, negotiation and execution of such partnerships
- Driver of strategic commercial priorities – You will contribute to the overall company strategy and create strategic decision proposals regarding significant partnerships, team, budget and commercial roll-out in France
Check in your professional skills:
- Master’s degree in economics, business, engineering or comparable academic program
- At least 8 years of experience in relevant roles with responsibility and preferably in the mobility, aviation or consulting industry
- Experience in the set-up and development of organizations and companies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively with tech, product, finance, marketing and operations colleagues
- Deep knowledge and experience of doing business in France, interacting with various stakeholders and managing diverging interests
- Leadership and communication skills with experience in building, scaling and managing teams
- Excellent command in spoken and written French and English
- Passionate team player and pioneer spirit
- Experience in building up a venture or business (in France)
- Solid network in Paris on both administrative and business level
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
Fasten your seat belt and take-off with an awesome team as we bring urban air mobility to life!