Product Description Freelance Writer
- Cincinnati, OH
An established candy e-commerce retailer with a start-up vibe is aggressively developing a new website to launch this fall. We are seeking freelancers to join our Content Creator Team and contribute compelling copy — both products descriptions and headlines — for more than 1,700 products.
You will write copy that is focused on customer benefits, and conveys positive emotion for a variety of candy and favor categories (chocolate, gummy, hard candy, sours, tins, boxes, decorative bags, bulk candy), and a variety of events (weddings, birthdays, holidays, baby showers, business promotions and more).
This project begins July 1 and continues through September 1. For the best performers, there will be an ongoing need for product description writing after the new website launches, and as products continue to be introduced. There also will be potential for longer-form writing for our blog.
Writer Skills and Requirements are:
- Native English and proper grammar usage is a must.
- Outstanding research: perform original online research and ensure accuracy in communicating product details.
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need a lot of time and hand-holding from the company content manager to deliver quality work.
- Creative, and can persuasively write engaging, quality copy focused on the customer.
- Ability to follow instructions and writing requirements to mesh with our brand voice.
- Ability to accept edits to work and incorporate these style changes into future writing.
- Ability to edit your own work or work from another writer.
- Must have available time for this project, and ability to meet ALL deadlines.
Pluses, but certainly not required:
- Basic knowledge of SEO.
- Previous product description or catalog writing experience.
- Previous food writing experience.
Work is paid by each product description completed at $4 each, with the expectation that descriptions each take perhaps 15-20 minutes to complete (which is $12 - $16 per hour if you work at this pace). Writers are expected to agree to a minimum of 25 product descriptions per week, so ensure that your schedule allows for at least 6 – 8 hours weekly. We can accommodate you if you wish to work and earn more. Writers are independent contractors and will be required to submit a completed W9 and provide a weekly invoice for their completed projects to receive payment via Paypal or mailed check.
If you’re interested, send an email with 2-3 attached or linked writing samples, and a 150-200 word description of either (1) “It’s a Boy!” Hershey’s chocolate kisses, or (2) a one-pound bag of orange bulk M&Ms.
Email only to candywriter (at) hotmail (dot) com or by replying to this ad.
No phone calls, recruiters or 3rd-parties.