SharePoint Developer (FULLTIME Staff Position)
- Battle Creek, MI
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation (WKKF), founded in 1930 as an independent, private foundation by breakfast cereal pioneer, Will Keith Kellogg, is among the largest philanthropic foundations in the United States. Guided by the belief that all children should have an equal opportunity to thrive, WKKF works with communities to create conditions for vulnerable children so they can realize their full potential in school, work and life.
The Kellogg Foundation is based in Battle Creek, Mich., and works throughout the United States and internationally, as well as with sovereign tribes. Special emphasis is paid to priority places where there are high concentrations of poverty and where children face significant barriers to success. WKKF priority locations in the U.S. are located in Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico and New Orleans; and internationally, are in Mexico and Haiti. For more information, visit www.wkkf.org,
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation supports children, families and communities as they strengthen and create conditions that propel vulnerable children to achieve success as individuals and as contributors to the larger community and society.
NOTE!!!! This is a fulltime staff position. We are not accepting contractor applications for this position!
PURPOSE: The SharePoint developer will contribute to and directly support SharePoint development projects working with end users and business analysts to develop solutions that meet business requirements.
A Developer at the Foundation generally has the following responsibilities:
- Understands organizational processes and associated data sets
- Proactively suggests ways to enhance organizational performance through changes to systems, working with business analysts and end users to identify, design, and implement improvements to systems
- Proactively finds ways to help WKKF better use data and systems in decision making
- Understands technology status and trends in specific development tools adopted by the foundation
- Comply with, and assist in the improvement of, WKKF development standards
- Create and maintain technical software documentation
Specifically, the SharePoint (SP) Developer will:
- Contribute to and directly support SharePoint development projects
- Support and lead the development of creative and maintainable solutions on SharePoint
- Work with end users and business analysts to understand business requirements related to business processes and the use of information in these processes and translate these into systems designs that meet identified requirements
- Design, code, test, deploy, and support programs that run on and utilize the capabilities of SharePoint
- Understand and support programs that integrate processes across systems, including custom .NET applications and SAP (through Duet Enterprise)
- Provide overviews to business users, including management, of developed SharePoint solutions
- Engage end users to receive feedback in order to identify system improvements
- Support the business analysts in identifying the most appropriate approaches and solutions utilizing custom code and/or no-code solutions where appropriate
- Monitor work progress and project issues and involve Technology management where required to resolve
- Stay abreast of technological changes and innovations in the technology industry in the area of custom development, web development, SharePoint development, workflow, and related disciplines
- Contribute to WKKF's SharePoint governance program
- Partner with third party SharePoint developers throughout SDLC to facilitate adoption and compliance with WKKF SharePoint Development standards and ensure transfer of knowledge and development assets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field is required
- 5-8 years of IT experience, with minimum of 3-5 years of development and 2 years of SharePoint-specific solution development (addtional SharePoint Development experience preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with K2 a plus
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools a plus
- Background in business analysis highly desirable
- Experience working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds
Core Competency Requirements:
- SharePoint 2007 & 2010 (knowledge of SharePoint 2013 a plus)
- SharePoint Designer
- SharePoint Object Model
- SharePoint Web Services
- SharePoint Web Content Management and branding
- Knowledge of .NET and related technologies
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET and VB.NET development
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and apply knowledge acquired to unique and varied situations
- InfoPath and InfoPath Object Model
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; diplomatic and collaborative work style.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- High level of comfort working in an ambiguous, flexible, cooperative environment.
- Solid customer service skills; responsiveness and resourcefulness.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity.