UNIX/Linux Administrator - Journeyman
- Washington, DC
W&P Solutions Corp provides consulting and staff augmentation solutions for small and large companies that are apart of the Fortune 500. Current clients are Government Contractors that are in the DOD and Intel Community and Public owned companies that are within the information technology sector. Specializing in information technology and engineering.
W&P Solutions Corp also provides Professional Support services to Commerical, State and Local Government agencies. Mainly specializing in Software Development, Systems/Network administration, Project Management, and Quality Assurance Testing, and Systems engineering.
- Support Department of Justice (DoJ) agency core missions by providing effective and efficient Information Technology (IT) systems, with rapidly evolving technologies, changing mission objectives, increasing need for immediate information exchange, and dynamic nature of IT project management demands.
- Offer a broad range of IT support services to build and maintain the systems software and hardware infrastructure for the mission-critical applications supporting both the administrative and investigative branches of the DoJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test, evaluate, setup, install, configure and customize Oracle Solaris and Linux Operating System and supporting software components
- Support Oracle Solaris in virtualized containers in large scale virtualization environments
- Design, document, implement, and provide operational support to operating system software upgrades, operating system patch testing and deployment, and application migration support to new virtualization platforms
- Test and performance monitoring of migrated virtualized servers for resource usage and efficiency in design of the new infrastructure
- Apply industry best practices on Solaris, Linux, and 3rd party integration
- Dell PowerEdge blade hardware installation, configurations, repair, replacement, and maintenance
- Develop and maintain script library
- Security administration and configuration, including mechanisms and methods to secure servers to meet stringent security requirements and reduce exposure to unauthorized access or exploitation
- Comply with certification and accreditation requirements
- Research, configure and apply appropriate security patches, and disable services as needed to secure Solaris and Linux environments
- Provide quality assurance in auditing and configuration management
- Local travel in Northern Virginia, District of Columbia; Limited travel in Continental U.S.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum Top Secret clearance required
- Must have 5+ years of experience in the support of Oracle Solaris Operating System support on Intel and SPARC architecture hardware
- Demonstrated knowledge in virtualization and Linux on various x86 platforms in enterprise environment
- Sufficient Experience and knowledge in Data Centers, networking, and facilities
- Sufficient experience in NetApp FAS series and Fibre Channel storage technology
- Sufficient experience in Tivoli tape backup technology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.