- Midway, FL
WTXL ABC 27, the ABC Network Affiliate in Tallahassee, FL is seeking a Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist who cares strongly about local news and has a successful track record of driving content in a diverse, multi-platform environment.
This position will be responsible for gathering, shooting, writing, editing, and reporting. The content will be generated for on-air and across digital platforms. This individual will participate in live shots in the field, newsroom, or studio. Fill in Anchoring as needed.
Assignments will include but not be limited to general assignment reporting, field, and/or investigative reporting. Must have a strong belief in digital and be able to drive content across multimedia platforms including: digital, mobile, social media, etc.
This position requires a can-do attitude as well as strong organizational, communication and computer-related skills.
Primary skills and traits:
• Highly competitive with the desire to “win.”
• Possesses solid journalistic judgment.
• Must have a strong belief in digital. Looking for someone with the vision to aggressively drive growth in content across multimedia platforms including: digital, mobile, social media, and any new platform opportunities that may arise.
• Must exhibit great people and communication skills with staff, peers, Calkins Media, and our viewing and digital communities.
• Looking for someone who embraces new technologies.
• Must believe in getting heavily involved and engaged in the community.
The successful candidate must possess a demonstrated familiarity with the Internet, including mobile applications and social media. He or she must have the ability to think strategically, to identify opportunities and to work well within a team environment.
A college degree in news, communication or other applicable degree required.
• 1 yr. successful experience as a Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist in television/online/social media/mobile media industry.
• Experience with ENPS and nonlinear editing preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Must be willing to be actively involved and engaged in the community.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record. Driving record check required.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and reporting samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line the specific position for which you are applying. No phone calls please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.