Web Producer/Digital Journalist
- Midway, FL
WTXL-TV is looking for two part-time Web Producers proficient in multitasking and writing exceptional stories (AP style).
Web producers are digital journalists and should have a passion for emerging digital platforms. Candidates should have strong organizational, communication, management and technical skills. Must be willing to spend dedicated amounts of time working within an active newsroom taking and making phone calls to get information.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to successfully promote stories using multiple social media outlets and websites while working under tight deadlines, who has solid editorial judgment, excellent journalistic ethics and a working knowledge of libel laws. The successful candidate will be required to participate in editorial meetings, and will be expected to represent WTXL in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees as well as within the community served by the station.
This is NOT an on-air position and involves producing content for digital platforms (web stories; web video; original web content; social media marketing) as a top priority. Candidates seeking to report/anchor for television newscasts are encouraged to apply for other open positions.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. WTXL-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing and copyediting abilities
- Experience in journalism
- Working knowledge of computers
- Familiarity with traditional television media
- Knowledge of and familiarity with social media
- Strong organizational skills
- Quick response time
- Demonstrated technical and management skills
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who brings news story ideas in daily
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please send your resume, cover letter, and reporting samples to email@example.com. Include in the subject line the specific position for which you are applying. No phone calls please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.