Director of Order to Cash
- San Mateo, CA
What We Do
Our Customer Service teams spend the majority of the day talking to our current customers on questions they have regarding their Consumer-Directed Benefits (CBDs) including pre-tax spending accounts, such as health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts, as well as Commuter Benefit Services, including transit and parking programs Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangements and other employee benefits. The calls you’ll receive aren’t superficial- they’re utterly important to our customers.
Have a customer calling about how they can get reimbursed for their critical diabetes medication? New parent calling to find out how they can get their infant’s childcare covered under their company’s dependent care FSA plan? How about that customer who’s just trying to make ends meet and needs to know the best way to utilize their FSA dollars before the year is up?
With directives from executive and senior level accounting and finance leadership, this position provides leadership and direction to the organization’s billing, treasury, A/R and collections functions.
This position performs work in a centralized corporate environment and reports to the VP Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Directs the full cycle operational activities of the billing, accounts receivable and collection functions. Includes establishing best practice processes for billing integrity, account maintenance, and cash receipts/collections throughout diverse and dynamic service offerings. Includes the development of systems automation and related processes to create billing efficiencies and to scale acquired entities where applicable. Requires effective partnership with other departments including IT, Legal, Client Services, Financial Operations and Accounting to ensure processes are designed to optimally impact other departments. Includes the review, recommendation and implementation of tactical department plans, policies, procedures and goals that support established department initiatives.
- Manages all aspects of the Treasury function including custody and accountability for all cash, securities and financial assets of the Company. Responsible for regularly reviewing the organization’s cash position and ensuring adequacy of operating funds and investing surplus as well as delegating authority for receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities and other financial instruments.
- Directs the administration of accounts receivable operations, ensuring that receivables meet corporate timelines and balance targets while minimizing bad debt. This includes setting acceptable aging levels, and monitoring/reporting on allowance for bad debt and related write-offs. This also includes the oversight and ongoing review of related policies, procedures and practices that drive performance.
- Directs the organization’s collection activities including defining and championing effective strategies, defining and/or approving policies for collection and cash application procedures, and monitoring the function’s performance. Takes action to adjust direction and or coach and counsel staff to adjust performance where appropriate.
- Analyzes and prepares financial reports including but not limited to the organization’s cash flow, revenue projections and treasury functions for review by senior accounting and finance leadership as well as executive management.
- Oversees department administrative responsibilities related to the treasury, cash management and accounts receivables functions including the preparing and submitting the department budget for approval. This position is also responsible for monitoring and controlling budget performance and taking action to implement cost saving strategies where available.
- Actively participates in the integration of acquired entities including the planning and execution of billing platform migration, collections consolidation and treasury consolidation where applicable. Actively interfaces with acquired company personnel to ensure department processes are mutually understood and transitioned in a timely and seamless manner.
- Initiates human resource planning, selection and resource allocation activities that support the team’s productivity and effectiveness within the treasury, cash management and accounts receivable functions. This includes responsibility for directing and managing the personnel activities of the team such as hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding, motivating and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Manages department control environment including compliance with all SOX prescribed control objectives and corporate policies related to billing and related activities. This includes monthly review of key controls, quarterly updates to SOX narratives and testing.
- Maintains a level of currency in business, finance and compliance related issues by participating with and maintaining memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; and interfacing with peers where applicable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION: A thorough knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major. A Master’s of Business Administration is a plus.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE: The ability to effectively direct and coordinate the organization’s Order to Cash functions as described as normally obtained through at least seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in these functions and including related experience working in a finance and accounting environment is desired. Experience leading and directing a diverse, cross-functional team is required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Incumbents must have the ability to work with banks and other financial institutions to perform the essential functions as described. Experience working with or implementing complex billing platforms. Strong business acumen and a working knowledge of US GAAP (specifically as it applies to cash transactions), state and federal collection laws, billing systems, effective collection techniques as well as budgeting, accounting, finance and investment principles is required.
Good leadership, relationship management with a wide variety of partners, collaboration, and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. The ability to build credibility, trust, respect, and cooperation among team members is essential. The ability to motivate, develop, and lead people to get results and improve upon operational effectiveness is required as is the ability to facilitate long-term success using cross-functional resources. Excellent time management, decision-making and organization skills are necessary. Very good written and verbal communication and presentation skills are critical.
EQUIPMENT: Incumbents must have strong skills and abilities with a personal computer and have a solid knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook). Additionally, Great Plains Dynamics or other business management software experience is a plus. WageWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.