Software Developer and Engineer C / C++ / Java / C# Financial Industry
- New York, NY
A highly respected New York-based REIT that is involved in a number of financial service businesses. We are a relatively small organization (about 150 people), with a terrific, merit-based culture that prizes competence and teamwork, and yet couples it with a strong respect for the individual, their goals, and their quality of life.
We are looking for a smart, pragmatic, self-motivated individual who gets things done with minimal supervision, who will work exceedingly well in our small team environment and is willing to do whatever it takes to move the company forward, every day.
The IT team is currently looking to augment its staff, to help the firm maintain its technology infrastructure and to further develop its in-house software systems, which are used to manage thousands of MBS positions. We are looking for a smart, pragmatic, self-motivated individual who gets things done, who will work exceedingly well in our team oriented environment, and who is willing to do whatever it takes to move the company forward, every day.
Be forewarned that our hiring process is rigorous, but for the right individuals the company is a tremendously fun and rewarding place to work, and we very much want to make sure that it continues to prosper.
As a Junior Software Developer/Engineer, you must possess the following skills:
• Must be able to write computer programs in C/C++/Java/C# or similar language
• Have strong problem solving and analytical skills, able to understand and analyze complex issues
• Work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter
• Respond to frequent demands from multiple users
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees
• Have strong organizational skills
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
- Enjoys learning
- Prompt, courteous, and thorough
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Work in conjunction with other team members
- Very good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to analyze and understand complex issues
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple users
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to translate tech jargon into normal English
Education / Experience:
- College degree required
- Demonstrable experience
- Experience in the Financial sector a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401k savings
- Competitive salary and paid time off (Starting salary $50k+)
- Great work environment - we have fun!