Intermodal Transportation Manager
- Charlotte, NC
I'm a recruiter attempting to find the perfect candidate for my client, as well as, the perfect career move for my candidate. My client is in the freight transportation logistics industry. They are looking for an experienced Intermodal Manager to join their team.
The basic functions of this position include:
- Developing a strong network of Intermodal Carriers interested in working together.
- Capacity Management
- Establishing and developing IMC
- The ability to identify the steps necessary to accomplish goals and objectives for the intermodal team
- To be engaged and make sound decisions in regards to the intermodal team budget, expenses, costs, and overall profitability
- Convey and report the intermodal team and individuals accountability back to key leadership members
- Exude a sense of ownership and energy to the intermodal team and leadership that shows your personal commitment to the overall organization
- Develop and expand Drayage relationships and pricing management with both existing and new carriers.
- Developing capacity for upcoming and existing business
- Act as carrier and equipment subject matter expert across the organization
- Streamline network to improve trailer utilization and develop container network
- Tender and monitor intermodal shipments and continuously support network and secure freight that improves asset utilization
- Travel as necessary to industry seminars, events, etc.
- Intermodal Carrier advocate within company.
Provide industry expertise, guidance and support:
- Communicate and collaborate with customer service on any delays or issues
- Work with rail to minimize any potential delays and increase communication
- Bid activities, both pricing generation and evaluation
- Database management
- Educate drivers and Drayage providers on reporting and documenting damages accurately
- Conflict resolution.
- Safety and Compliance (site inspections)
Data Analysis to drive operational and margin improvements:
- Review shipment reports by lane, customer, carrier, equipment type and regions focusing on pricing, costs and service.
- Monitor all accessorial charges and seek reimbursement damages
- Maintain a record of accessorial charges accumulated by each shipment and communicate this to appropriate personnel to ensure company is reimbursed by customer
- Work cross-functionally to review pricing, capacity, service KPIs
Ability to learn company's TMS software.
Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of company.
Maintain confidentiality of company information.
Key Skills: Negotiation; prioritization; sense of urgency; analytical thinking; demonstrated ability influence others and lead cross-functional teams.
Experience – minimum 5 years intermodal transportation experience (preferably at a non-asset based logistics company or IMC perferred)
Education – 4 year degree required
- Competitive salary
- Travel Requires: 20-30%