Lead Visual Designer
- San Francisco, CA
IN A FEW WORDS
We influence people to use less water.
STORY & MISSION OF OUR COMPANY
80% of people believe that saving water at home helps protect the environment. Yet, only a fraction actually do it.
WaterSmart has built the first behavior change platform proven to guide consumers into using less water.
Our mission is to influence more sustainable water consumption in order to protect and preserve our dwindling water resources.
WHY THIS ROLE IS CRITICAL
Simple consumer product experiences delivered via elegant visual design are the keys to our product's success.
As the lead (and first) Designer on staff you will be pivotal in bringing design-thinking to all aspects of our business, from branding to print production to interaction experiences. You'll report to the Head of Product.
Not to mention, you'll have a profound influence on how millions of people think about and use less water.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create pixel-perfect visual assets for print, web, mobile, and email channels.
e.g. Our print and email Home Water Report, which articulates individual household water use, will challenge your ability to visually and emotionally jolt consumers into changing behaviors.
- Define and evolve visual design patterns, colors, typography, and iconography to be consistent across WaterSmart product and marketing.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to iterate on visual design of our enterprise and consumer-facing products in an effort to make them beautiful, simple, and intuitive.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to evolve the design of how we persuasively articulate “Why WaterSmart” to the market.
- Educate others and promote design-thinking throughout the company.
WHAT YOU POSSESS
- Stellar visual design skills supported by 3+ years experience and a Bachelor’s in Design
You have an innate sense of aesthetics and the ability to evolve products into a world-class look and feel. You have a penchant for simplification but not at the expense of elegance.
- Versatility in Design
Your portfolio spans print and web with mobile and email experience being pluses.
- Highly iterative and Efficient
You get your ideas down quickly and in a manner that supports quick feedback loops and design refinement. Offer examples of storyboarding, sketching, concept ideation, etc.
You can drive designs forward through execution with minimal guidance.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
Experience in these domains is relevant:
- Behavior Change
- B2B SaaS products
- Consumer Product Design
- Company Brand/Identity
- Data Visualization
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly agile, learning-rich environment, where everyone is passionate about delivering results with impact.
- An informal, smart, and collegial team with which to collaborate.
- Commitment to your career and a chance to grow with the company.
- Everyday, you’ll be furthering the meaningful cause of saving water and fighting climate change.
- Competitive market salary and full benefits, including stock options, health, dental, vision, vacation.
Please reach out with your resume and an obvious link to your portfolio.
Candidates who summarize their fit using the criteria here will be given preference.
MORE ABOUT US
WaterSmart is a software-as-a-service platform that transforms a utility’s water meter data into a highly effective, personalized water conservation and customer engagement program. We are a pre-Series A company that has market traction as proven by our customer list and is now scaling up to match market demand. You’ll be joining at an optimal point in a startup’s trajectory.
WaterSmart is located in San Francisco's SoMa district, near 2nd & Brannan. Our investors include Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Physic Ventures, and Sand Hill Angels.