Mid Level Back End Developer - Scala, Java
- Seattle, WA
Webtab is the premiere social commerce platform that allows people, networks, and businesses to seamlessly interact in real time. Our platform connects companies to their audiences and enables the sharing of products, services, promotions, loyalty rewards, and incentives through any web enabled mobile device. Webtab's technology minimizes the friction associated with traditional gift card giving, social payments, coupons and vouchers (i.e. plastic gift cards or paper vouchers and printed emails), and allows consumers from any social network, electronic communication, or mobile device to instantaneously give any size gift or transact in the virtual world. Webtab is the first platform that allows users on social networks to move seamlessly between the virtual world across the real world of brick and mortar retail
- As part of the WebTab engineering team, you will pioneer the development of our Scala REST platform using Akka, Spray and Slick frameworks. Apply your experience to define our architecture in addition to our product. This platform supports multiple types of clients including mobile (Android and iOS), web and partner plugin development.
- Work with our team of experienced Scala architects to select core frameworks, define standards according to idiomatic practices and disseminate the industry’s best thinking on emerging technologies and their application for everyone’s benefit.
- You will craft and maintain our scalable infrastructure using the full-suite of AWS services. In addition to the standbys surrounding EC2, RDS and S3, you will contribute to make a supportable infrastructure using the latest tools, such as AWS OpsWorks and Chef.
- We need you to be an advocate for our customer, whether she is a consumer, merchant or partner developer in our ecosystem. You will need to take broad ownership and contribute to our business beyond your code.
- We need hands-on developers who build products for the real-world, are passionate about technology and continue to develop their skills through near-constant reading and independent projects. Important to WebTab is experience in a variety of JVM technologies, a well-grounded understanding of software engineering fundamentals, how to design and build scalable and operable systems, and a focus on quality assurance.
- Demonstrated expertise developing applications with Web 2.0 technologies
- Solid understanding of the software development fundamental
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, and REST
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 4 - 6 years of proven, hands-on success in the back-end of large-scale web applications
- At least 6 years of daily experience in programming in Java, Scala or other relevant language.
- Ability to provide concrete examples of systems or sub-systems you designed and developed.
- Ability to articulate the reasoning behind choices in the design and discuss alternatives
If you want to learn more about this exciting and challenging opportunity, please apply and we'll be in touch.