Sr. Presentation Layer Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
This role bridges the creative and technical aspects of project delivery. As a Senior Presentation Layer Engineer, this role designs and implements the Presentation Layer to technically enable creative and art direction already established. As such, the qualified candidate must be able to work in and connect the creative with the technical across a variety of platforms and frameworks, as well as participate in business development, project planning and knowledge leadership. Ultimately, the Senior Presentation Layer Engineer is responsible for all aspects of Presentation Layer architecture and development including all project related front-end technologies.
* Responsible for architecting and defining the presentation layer framework to solve complex designs that reflect the creative and art direction provided
* Creation of all coded Presentation Layer deliverables
* Works well as a team member and leader on large accounts, understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project
* Able to shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project
* Establish presentation layer requirements
* May need to rapidly produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, technical specifications, browser and market analysis, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application.
* Participate in developing supporting proposal materials for projects.
* Participate in scoping and planning work
* Responsible for writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation
* Ability to take initiative to research and learn emerging technologies
* Participation in the greater Presentation Layer Community and the company as Presentation Layer knowledge leader
* Experience in MVVM and MVC architecture
* Experience in SPA applications
* Experience with Backbone.js, Angular.js, Ember.js
* Experience with preprocessors – HAML, Sass, LESS
* DOM Creation via JSON-based data feeds
* 3rd-party API integration via REST-ful web services
* Experience with any open source languages (RoR, Python, PHP)
* Expertise developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms, DOM implementations, etc.
* Experience with XML: XSLT, DTD or Schema modeling, DOM/XPath/SAX parsing
* Experience with content management systems (CMS) and version control systems
* Experience with Analytics Solutions (SEO, Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends)
* Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation
* Experience developing accessible websites (Section 508, W3C WAI Guidelines, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong written & oral communication as well as presentation skills
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience with portal server products
* Contributes to the Presentation Layer Community with Blogs, Github, Stack Overflow
* User Interface Design, Information Architecture, graphic design experience a plus
* Experience Optimizing for Search Engines
* Experience with code reviews.
W2 hourly contract.
No Third parties. US only.
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.