Unity Software Development Engineer (SDE)
- Kirkland, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
We are urgently seeking a Unity Application Developer with a passion for using technology to engineer solutions that creatively solve problems to deliver business value. Qualified candidates will have a robust background developing 3D applications or games for Mobile, TV and PC form factors. The role requires a broad and deep capability to map a problem domain to a fully developed end state solution.
We require technically strong consultants who are resourceful, communicate well, and have good problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of modern 3D computer graphics development techniques and frameworks. As part of a team that provides project based consulting, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple industry verticals, working on multiple teams and projects with cutting edge immersive technology like HoloLens or VR devices like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Gear VR, etc.
As a Unity Application Developer, you will be part of a team of talented developers, business analysts, QA analysts and Product Managers building solutions for Fortune 50 Clients. You will participate in the development life cycle including development, testing, and implementation. You will work hand-in-hand with Product Managers to understand the business requirements and build a software solution.
· BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Worked full-time with Unity 3D mainly targeting mobile platforms
· A depth of knowledge of the mathematical and theoretical underpinnings of 3D graphics in general
· C# scripting experience
· Experience in development on Windows platforms
· Familiarity with DirectX (or strong in OpenGL)
· Custom Shader development
· Familiarity with 3D authoring tools like Maya, 3ds Max
· Strong software design aptitude
· Experience working in collaboration with other developers and source control systems like GIT, TFS or SVN
· Design code that is elegant, efficient, modular, reusable, testable, maintainable, and follows good software design practices.
· Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
· Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
· Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork and serve the client needs first
· Interest in learning new technologies, creative, open-minded and a great team player
· Adept at task switching to handle varying workload, while meeting tight deadlines
- No Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
- Some travel required