- Kirkland, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
We are seeking smart engineers who are comfortable working in an agile, test driven environment. The perfect candidate is someone who is highly focused on the user's experience and always keeps the customer in the forefront of their mind. You like breaking things, solving puzzles, figuring out how to make things better, no matter what it takes. You have solid programming skills and an interest in utilizing those skills to improve quality of your product. Your testing methodology and test structure are impeccably...perfect. You are thorough and organized in your approach – you are the rock star of the QA world - team oriented and eager to bring your A-game to the table each and every day. You enjoy mentoring others. You are a strong team player – teaching others and learning from others to become better at what you do to stay on the cutting edge of the technology world. You are versatile and multi-talented.
If you have a solid client/server background, experience automating testing in a continuous integration environment, we'd really like to hear from you. You are excited about working with web and mobile technologies since that is the way of the future, and you've always wanted to be someone leading the way.
- Developing test harness and automation testing for a wide range of products.
- Building out tools for both the QA and Dev teams.
- Creating and maintaining continuous integration tools and automation.
- Creating, maintaining and reviewing test documentation.
- Trouble shooting technical issues on all manner of devices.
- Being a subject matter expert on any number of processes, technologies or customers.
- 2+ years’ experience in software testing.
- 2+ years of coding experience in any object-oriented programming language.
- Client/server testing experience.
- Experience working in Mac/Unix environments.
- Strong and demonstrable experience writing automated tests and integrating automated tests into continuous development and deployment systems.
- Strong technical trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the importance of user experience.
- Great communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and ability to communicate that detail to others.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- B.S. in Computer Science degree required.
- Multiple openings both FTE and Contract
- No Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
- Some travel required