Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
- Seattle, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
Our client is a public cloud provider that extends enterprise Cloud and DevOps strategies to traditional on-premises applications. They provide tools for enterprises to migrate applications to the cloud in one seamless transaction. The business also been listed in the INC 5000 and Deloitte Fast 500 the past several years as they have experienced triple digit growth in sales and employees.
The Senior Storage Engineer is responsible for figuring out how to build new features and adapt existing systems to meet requirements we haven’t met yet, and then collaborating with team engineers, test engineers, and product managers to define the details and personally build the product.
· Design and implement core back-end components of our cloud computing service
· Define and meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
· Rapidly build and evolve major features in collaboration with product management
· Resolve major customer technical issues
· Research and experiment with key technologies, architectures, and standards
· Use the product for dev/test
· Write elegant, succinct Python code
· Collaborate with a talented team of SDEs, SDETs, Operations Engineers, and Product Managers
· BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or experience)
· 4+ years experience designing and implementing complex distributed systems
· Deep knowledge of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms, and scale-out software architectures
· Deep knowledge of database systems and transaction management
· Skill in analyzing, measuring, and optimizing scalability and performance
Additional Desired Expertise:
· Experience working with virtualization and containers
· Experience implementing highly-available distributed systems
· Experience working with ZFS, Ceph, NFS, iSCSI, multipathing and other storage technologies
· Solid understanding of low-level systems concepts
· C++ knowledge
- Multiple openings both FTE and Contract
- No Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
- Some travel required