SDE (Quantum Computing, C++)
- Redmond, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
Our client has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world's center of expertise on topological quantum computing. The research effort includes a staff of theoretical physicists and experimental teams around the world. The Redmond team is building a controls system for quantum computing that is based on a classical computer architecture. The overall system is being developed by a multi-disciplinary team that includes software and hardware architects. The control system is a general purpose computing platform that is capable of performing complex, high performance computing functions.
These systems require a new set of design tools. You will be part of a team solving complex and challenging problems that will enable our hardware design team. In addition to engineering challenges, as discoveries are made our tools must adapt. Attention to detail, edge cases, and testing are a must to accommodate a shifting landscape.
- Experience with reactive and real-time software system development engineering, and with the modeling and simulation of hardware-software systems;
- Familiarity with parallel computing concepts such as streaming and user-level scheduling;
- Experience in developing performance-oriented C++ software
- Experience in Python, or C#;
- Proven ability to succeed in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment;
- Interest in both learning about and creating new technologies.
- Candidates will be flying to the east coast once per month
- Must be knowledgeable in best practice code writing
- 5 Years of C++ is a must!
- Multiple openings both FTE and Contract
- No Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
- Some travel required