- Kirkland, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements.
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis, create user scenarios, help to create and analyze user surveys and feedback.
- Create process flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile.
- Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed.
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, and external partners for review and feedback.
- Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards.
- Partner with highly technical development teams for product launch.
- Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- 5+ year’s professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in design or human-computer interaction.
- Have been the lead or senior designer for a minimum of 10 web-based productivity software releases.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts.
- Experience conducting or leading user research efforts for a minimum of 5 product releases.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a strong user experience skill-set for large scale projects (please provide a link to your portfolio).
- Demonstrate in best practices for web- and mobile-based information architecture and design and experience designing for desktop.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend your design decisions.
- Visual design expertise; capacity for creating engaging, highly usable and intuitive designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification.
- Can scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Proficiency in at least one standard UX design tool.
- Proficient in standard design tools including Photoshop and Illustrator, Dreamweaver, or equivalent.
- Have created interactive prototypes.
- Experienced with HTML, CSS, and responsive layout.
- No 3rd parties.
- Some travel required