Node.js API Developer
- Seattle, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
Our client is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. The company owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain API’s and services that power NBC News Group’s digital properties and the internal systems used to create them.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Software Engineers and Designers on projects with clear business impact and high public visibility
- Engage in team work and collaboration
- Actively participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Eager to learn new things and share ideas with peers
- Be comfortable with Agile software development
- Participate in Scrums, iterations, planning, estimating and retrospectives
- Have knowledge and experience with software development lifecycles
- Design simple, elegant and extensible architecture
- Deliver performant solutions capable of handling large traffic loads
- Validate and tests code deliverables
- Conscientiously involved in the deployment and maintenance of applications
- Debug and troubleshoots issues efficiently
- Advocate for and follow best practices
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with one or more strongly-typed modern development languages such as Golang, Java, C#, etc.
- Work with limited supervision and technical guidance; exercise creativity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related area, with 5+ years of experience
- 3+ years of Node.js development
- 1+ Years Go
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, extensive coding skills, web development experience and familiarity with the field's concepts, practices and procedures is required.
- Expertise in software engineering principles as outlined above
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and/or RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience developing in Java with Spring utilizing Aspect-Oriented Programming paradigms
- Understanding of what requirements and features go into a scalable product
- Awareness of HTTP concepts, protocols, web servers and services
- Experience participating in a project team with 3+ people.
- Experience on a public, large-scale web site
- Pursue work with enthusiasm, drive and a strong sense of accomplishment
- No 3rd parties.
- Some travel required