Azure Cloud Developer
- Seattle, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
The Hybrid Cloud solutions our client delivers are built on a powerful, enterprise-grade hybrid and multi-cloud management platform designed to unlock a whole new level of cloud capabilities for the enterprise. The platform provides enterprises with all the cloud tools needed to effectively integrate and deploy cloud into the fabric of their businesses to become markedly more agile and deliver everything “as a service” – an Intelligent Business Cloud.
We are looking for Cloud Software Developers to help design, implement, and deliver with quality the next generation of our hybrid cloud management platform. Candidates should recognize that there is a 10x developer productivity range, and view yourself closer to 10 than 1 in terms of productivity. In this role, you will interface and develop with a variety of technologies:
- Custom Micro-Services built in C# and hosted in Azure
- Multiple public clouds (i.e. Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Scripting languages (i.e. PowerShell, Ruby, Perl)
- Automation tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet)
- Cloud configuration management tools (i.e. PowerShell Desired State Configuration)
- Container Implementations (i.e. Docker)
The successful team member will utilize their knowledge of these technologies to deliver end-to-end solutions that empower and delight customers. The team follows agile, delivering working software at the end of each sprint. Also, there may be opportunities to engage actively with a vibrant community of crazy Cloud loving folks, interacting with them, getting feedback and teaching them how to use the cool feature just developed!
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in C# (preferred) or C++ in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages (PowerShell preferred)
- Cloud experience with both Azure and Amazon Web Services strongly desired
- Experience with Azure Cloud services and building apps and APIs
- Experience with Azure Data and Storage services
- Experience with Identity and Access providers such Active Directory, or Facebook, Live, etc.
- Record of technical leadership, solid planning, and shipping world-class software
- Great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, a drive for results, and an ability to work independently.
- Passion for developing high performance, scalable, and reliable software.
- Passion for quality and a core belief that all members of the feature team share the responsibility for the quality of the product.
- Can-do, entrepreneurial attitude with experience working in a team with industry-leading, innovative, and high-quality releases.