iOS Design Developer
- Redmond, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done front-end iOS developer. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Engineers to help preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities. You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactive experiences, and do the job quickly and efficiently. You work in and with new technologies, and can quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools. You must “get” designers and have a clear understanding of the design process - interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion graphics - and demonstrate an ability to merge this with established development processes. You will also help establish new processes and tools within the studio that will evolve the way we design and build products.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop UI for new features and add polish (fit and finish) to existing features
• Refining complex prototypes
• Manage your work to meet tight deadlines and ensure consistent quality
• Coordinate with UX and Engineering teams to ensure interaction and visual designs are implemented according to design specs and motion comps
• Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design and development
• 5+ years of shipping production software
• Strong communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing requirements
• Proven ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines
• Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, and drive demonstrable improvements
• Familiarity with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
• Experience writing mobile applications for iOS
• Experience writing software in Objective-C, Swift, and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed
• Solid experience with software engineering patterns, e.g. MVVM, OOP, messaging systems, etc.
Nice to Have:
• Expertise with HTML and CSS, including CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, SCSS)
W2 only, no Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
All work performed onsite.
Local candidates only (Redmond, WA)