DevOps+ Engineer / RESTful API
- Redmond, WA
Webtellect operates with the zeal of a start-up, to provide expert software design and development services to a suite of clients. We are not the firm where folks can put the feet up, enjoy a paycheck, and mill around the water cooler. We are the firm that is passionate about technology, and utilizing such in the pursuit of solving business and real-world challenges. Work hard, play harder. Our clients have defined budgets and we are held to higher expectations. We have various vertical markets we attack offering relevant solutions, and therefore we do not live and breathe in only a "single technology" or "one-technology-fits-all mindset." Each project potentially offers something new. We have a driving passion for software excellence. Feathers in our cap includes the development of interactive exhibits for the Visitor Center of the world’s largest philanthropic organization, custom enterprise platform development for the largest drilling company in the U.S. Oil and Gas industry, Medical Record solutions, and giving back to our community through various programs.
Our client is a fast moving, agile team using the latest technologies to build a suite of RESTful services supporting Social Media. Through these services/APIs, developers can quickly embedded social media features, such as comments, likes, push notifications, followers, and much more, into existing or new software products or applications.
The team is seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done DevOps engineer. The team is small and nimble, and hence this Engineer will have key, multi-faceted responsibilities. The successful Engineer can interpret vague requirements, responsively formulate action plans and rapidly implement simple, sustainable, scalable and secure solutions, with high quality. The Engineer will support the development team and consumers of the API in infrastructure related aspects, in code quality and test aspects, and creating / managing incidents to improving operational efficiency.
DevOps Engineer will be integral in supporting, building and maintaining the global infrastructure as the services scale.
- Front-line communications with customers of our API and SDKs
- -----Develop tools, strategies, and content to support consumers of the API
- ---- Develop tools, strategies, and processes to the development team
- ---- Develop tools, strategies, and workflow for incident response.
- Triage and research reported consumer bugs
- Create and implement and code a Quality Assurance strategy that encompasses Product testing, Stress testing, and Performance testing at scale
- Build monitoring and alerting capabilities and tooling through
- ---- Instrumentation and telemtry within the application
- ---- Azure Cloud infrastructure or services
- Respond to system alerts and failures
- Develop tools to support Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
- 5+ years SDET in regards to RESTful API’s / services
- 5+ years Delivering high quality RESTful API SDK’s, supporting native mobile devices (Android and iOS), and web (node, C#, and Java)
- 5+ years C# experience
- 3+ years with scripting languages (PowerShell)
- 3+ years experience working with Azure cloud components including infrastructure, hosting, and tools
- 3+ years experience with WebAPI, Azure Web Roles and Azure Worker Roles
- 3+ years experience with IcM (Azure Incident management system) or similar
- 3+ years with experience with Monitoring, Diagnostics and Analytics systems (Geneva experience a big plus)
- 3+ years experience with Multi-Dimensional-Metrics (MDM)
- ---- Collecting metrics in multiple dimensions,
- ---- Visualizing metrics (in real-time or otherwise) by component, service, slice, datacenter, role, machine or any custom dimension
- ---- Real-time interpretation of time-series data via MDM Monitors to construct a health-model and drive alerting and automated recovery.
- Solid understanding of network services and concepts, such as DNS, VPN and load balancing, routing, subnets, and firewalls, in order to support scalability of the services
- Experience with Content Management Systems, such as Word Press, to be used in support of consumer documentation and communications.
W2 hourly only, no Visas allowed, no 3rd parties.
All work performed onsite.
Local candidates only (Redmond, WA)