Engineer, Firmware Engineering
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Bangalore Hallmark Office (IBS)--LOC_WDT_IBS
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop firmware using C/C++ in multiple environments using latest standards: FPGA, Simulator, for NAND/eHDD (Enterprise Hard Disk Drive) products.
- Follow Agile methodologies in development.
- Create design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
- You'll be on a scrum team responsible for full stack embedded firmware development for enterprise products. This includes innovation, design, implementation and debug of data path, software algorithms, data structures, drivers needed for our large and complex software environment.
- Deliver on cutting-edge storage products with interfaces like SAS, SATA, PCIe.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop HDD products.
- Self-motivated to work both unsupervised and as part of an agile team. Collaborate to develop self and others within group.
- Understand end to end product lifecycle.
- Bachelors or Master in CS, CE, EE, EC or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 8.0 GPA
- Strong knowledge in C/C++, Object oriented programming, Data Structure, Algorithms,
- Strong aptitude and penchant for problem solving, algorithm design, system design, and complexity analysis skills.
- You have ability to rapidly learn new technologies, complex code and develop system view.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success.An ever positive, can-do attitude.
- Interest in storage technologies (HDD, Flash, nonvolatile memory) that is the backbone and lifeline of all the technologies (Artificial Intelligence (AI) , Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Autonomous driving, Social Media, Streaming and entertainment, E-Commerce etc)
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.