Software Test Engineer - QA Engineer
- Whippany, NJ
In 2008, WHIPTAIL was born in New Jersey with the goal of changing the way computing was supported. As an IT consultant, Founder James Candelaria grew tired of watching his enterprise clients pour money, almost blindly,
into provisioning more and more (and more) rotational storage simply to achieve minimal performance increases. He wanted to transform the storage industry, targeting the most demanding and costly applications, and he did this by bringing together flash-based drives and enhancing software.
Accelerating data to unforeseen speeds, WHIPTAIL’s silicon storage arrays have finally, and mercifully, broken free of the most limiting factors posed by traditional spinning disks. It’s not one of the many “almost-but-not-quite” technologies flooding the market, such as caching appliances and individual acceleration cards, which offer little more than a cost-ineffective strategy whose performance is dramatically weighed down by the HDD controllers. Instead, WHIPTAIL offers a distinct value proposition at both ends of the spectrum—increased performance with the elimination of wasteful spend.
This is what we do. And this is why we do it.
- Conduct software functional tests of solid state storage array systems
- Develop test strategies, test plans, test cases, scripts, or procedures.
- Design or develop automated testing scripts. Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Monitor and document testing results to ensure product functionality and reliability
- Document software defects using Bugzilla tracking system, and report defects to software developers. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- 5 or more years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance, including writing test plans and test scripts, and validation of software products
- 5 or more years’ experience in Window server and Linux enterprise OS environment
- Strong Linux troubleshooting and system administration skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in qualification of SAN or NAS Storage product
- Experience in Linux scripting is desired
- Experience with VMWare, Citrix Xen server or Microsoft Hyper-v is highly preferred
- Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology
- Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company