Sales & Marketing Strategist
- New York, NY
WhitePages is the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S. We are a top 40 website with over 40 million unique monthly users, and we power over 2 billion searches on over 1,500 sites including MSN and the United States Postal Service. Already the largest and most trusted online directory, we are developing new location based mobile and Internet services that make it easier than ever to find and connect with the people and businesses you are looking for. Additionally we are building an impressive B2B offering that utilizes our core data sets and allows businesses to better serve their own customers.
Joining WhitePages offers you the opportunity to work in small, nimble, empowered teams and the assurance of joining a company that has been profitable every year since our incorporation in 2000. We think big, yet act small, and innovation and entrepreneurial spirit run deep. We’re headquartered in the heart of Downtown Seattle, have strong company values, an exciting culture, and respect and appreciate diversity as an equal opportunity employer.
The Sales Marketing Strategist is responsible for managing advertising-related research activities and ensuring consistency of sales messaging for the online advertising sales team. Work to develop sales strategies for the online advertising sales team to drive revenue for the company. Implement targeted marketing campaigns to clients and prospects.
- Reports to the Sr. Sales & Mobile Strategist and works day to day with sales team to support their needs.
- Ongoing development of ways to support Sales Account Executives in all facets of the RFP response including: site buy rationale, statistical analysis, rich media concept generation, mobile, behavioral and other targeting solutions that will help WhitePages become part of the media plan.
- Provide day-to-day strategic sales support on proposal development, compelling site audience data, advertiser’s competitive positioning/online advertising history, and anything else that may help prove the “fit” for a potential advertiser.
- Develop innovative advertising opportunities that Account Executives will sell to targeted prospects.
- Collaborate with Ad Sales Executives to identify and develop strategic recommendations to grow revenue with new and existing verticals.
- Accompany ad sales Account Executives on key meetings in the field with ad agency current clients and prospects.
- Monthly review of comScore, Nielsen and Quantcast audience data and rankings, identifying WhitePages position and competitive strengths vs. other digital properties.
- Quarterly analysis of Nielsen and comScore data to track key audience trends and discover potential advertisers for Account Executives to target.
- Ownership of all sales document templates including: case studies, one sheets’ and media kit to help ensure that messaging is regularly updated and consistent.
- Develop strategy for our corp site “advertise with us” section, social media outlets (ie LinkedIn, ad sales facebook page etc) and agency tools (i.e. mediavisor) to keep our message, offering, and stats consistent.
- Provide monthly audience site statistics updates to the online “advertise with us” site.
- Liaison between ad sales and product teams for championing new ad strategy ideas with the appropriate product groups.
- Develop marketing initiatives that help the ad sales department communicate with ad agency world and brands direct.
- Set strategy, develop materials and facilitate trade media campaigns.
- Organize shared drive and ad sales resources to increase productivity.
- Ownership of partnership with Audience Science and Quantcast providing behavioral targeting segments to support rfp requests.
- Attend conferences on topics such as social, behavioral, local, targeting and mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 5 years + work experience, agency experience is a plus
- Strong analytical ability and understanding of research – comScore, Nielsen @Plan, AdMetrix, Quantcast etc. Ad agency or online media environment experience is helpful.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong copy writing skills
- Photoshop and Publisher is helpful but not required
- Creative and likes to think outside the box!
- Understand, support, and exemplify WhitePages’ values, mission, vision and brand pillars through actions and behaviors
- Customer / Client Focus
- Planning & Goal Setting
- Analytic Skills
- Attention to Detail / Organization
- Creative thinker
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Presentation Skills
- Influence & Persuasion
- Tolerance of Ambiguity
Complexities and Conditions of Employment
- Position may require working evenings and weekends to meet deadlines.
- Occasional day and overnight travel may be required.
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, and that's where we work our magic. We've got sales folks across the country, including an office in New York. We have strong company values and a culture to match and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer. And if you're a little bit quirky - you'll fit in just fine!