- Seattle, WA
Join the WhitePages Team!
WhitePages is the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S. With over 40 million unique monthly users and powering over 2 billion searches per year across sites that include WhitePages.com and 411.com, WhitePages offers consumers one-click access to more than 200 million adults. Our suite of mobile products includes a top-50 mobile website and popular Android and iPhone apps with over 9 million active monthly users. Driven by a spirit of innovation and a commitment to delivering value to consumers and businesses, WhitePages has been profitable since incorporation in 2000.
We value working in small, empowered teams and working with the best people. If you strive for excellence in your work, and would like to contribute in important ways to a powerful service used by millions of people every month, then please have a look at our open positions. If you think you have what it takes, please contact us right away.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Are you looking for your next challenge in Design?
Does the thought of improving usability on a top 40 consumer website make you feel all giddy inside? Do you have what it takes to raise the bar for the customer experience for a web property that sees over 40MM unique visitors in a single month? Then this may be the right role for you! We’re looking for an innovative and passionate Interaction Designer to develop task and user flows, user stories, wireframes and graphical designs – utilizing industry best practices of course! Working collaboratively across the organization, you will provide recommendations for usability and creative improvement, create and maintain documentation of the user interface design and actively participate in an agile environment with the ultimate goals of creating optimal user experiences. At WhitePages you get to experience it all and your input will span from smaller UI projects to site redesigns. Your overall mission will be to “raise the bar” and improve the customer experience on WhitePages’ web properties and tools to world-class levels. Sound like fun?? Keep reading then!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Web Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related field.
- 1+ years of direct experience as a user interface designer, interaction designer, or user centered graphic designer
- Demonstrated skill in designing usable web sites and an obvious strong visual design sense
- Must be skilled with Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator Visio and standard MS Office tools. Familiarity with HTML/CSS and web design tools is a strong plus.
- Able to quickly create customer experience flows, generate wire-frames, and iterate on design prototypes with the ability to make positive decisions affecting the user-experience.
- Personal interest in / early adopter of web2.0 consumer services, social networks, search and other relevant areas
- Experience with a live web site
- Experience with agile development desired
We're headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle, and that's where we work our magic. We've got sales folks across the country, including an office in New York. We have strong company values and a culture to match and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer. And if you're a little bit quirky - you'll fit in just fine!