Mortgage Loan Specialist
- 9835 E 21st St N, Wichita, KS 67206, USA
Want to work in an awesome environment with even better benefits? WFCU is the place for you! Come join a team of talented individuals who believe in a great member experience and a company who believes in a great employee experience. We offer competitive wages, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, gym membership discounts, and much more for those who qualify!
Mortgage Loan Specialist
Category of Employment
Full-time; Non-Exempt. Grade 8.
To assist members with their mortgage lending needs. To improve the Credit Union’s competitive position, consistent with its mission, within the markets served.
Reports to the Vice President of Lending and Sales
Essential Functions and Accountabilities
- Interviews potential borrowers and assists in completing 1003 mortgage application and collect income and asset documentation to support application information.
- Reviews and evaluates information on application and support documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet credit union standards and government regulations. Establishes terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member.
- Evaluates eligibility of loan for sale to secondary market investor or for WFCU portfolio.
- Assembles and organizes required disclosures and supporting documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial and submits to mortgage loan processor for further verification and processing.
- Provides regular loan status updates to borrowers and realtors.
- Records loan rejection, specifying investor and Credit Union guidelines and basis for declining application.
- Completes HMDA data collection and records information in loan origination software.
- Develops and maintains rapport with realtors and other referrals partners to increase WFCU awareness and to generate additional mortgage business.
- Attends all loan closings within a reasonable distance from credit union.
- Supports and executes credit union marketing initiatives.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Reviews mortgage applications for cross-selling opportunities and refers to appropriate department for follow up.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- To meet or exceed the minimum established individual goals each month.
- To ensure all lending activities and approved loans comply with established policies and regulations.
- To ensure initial disclosures and closing documents are in compliance with policies and procedures. All documents and insurance policies have been properly signed, endorsed and remain current in loan file with minimal errors per month.
- To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- To contribute to the production of the department's budgeted loan volume (dollars and/or numbers).
- To provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and staff.
- To demonstrate a knowledge of all mortgage products and rates, both within the Credit Union and in the industry overall.
- To ensure all activities within the department are carried out within the prescribed time frames.
- To maintain files in accordance with loan manual and record retention schedule.
- To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
- To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for members and co‑workers.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: A two‑year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient in MS Office.
- Able to execute multiple projects simultaneously and produce high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Able to analyze and solve problems with minimal assistance.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
- Embraces change.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Professional presence.
- Punctual, dependable and cooperative.
- Possess a positive demeanor and cooperative attitude in relations with members and employees.
Physical and Mental Demands
Physical activities involve those normally associated with working in an office environment: walking, standing, talking and similar activities.
Vision and hearing requirements, including close vision, ability to distinguish basic colors and/or shades, depth perception ability to adjust focus, ability to hear telephone and/or in-person conversations, and other vision and hearing demands.
Ability to lift objects or exert force in pushing and pulling.
Mental demands, including such requirements as reading documents, analyzing and solving problems, interpreting data or information, using math or mathematical reasoning, learning and applying new information and skills, performing highly detailed work, meeting changing and/or intensive deadlines, managing constant interruptions and multiple concurrent tasks, and interacting with members/coworkers.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Wichita Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Last updated June 2018
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.