The Infrastructure Analyst researches, defines and facilitates service improvements for various systems and applications within the business project lifecycle. This position is a key liaison between technical IT operations staff that implements solutions and the line-of-business staff who are actively working to deliver new technology products and services. The Infrastructure Analyst must build effective working relationships with the relevant IT operations teams, solution architects, project delivery teams and line-of-business users. This person is a hands-on worker who will influence the creation of efficient processes and work with others to provide the best solution using available services and technology. This position is responsible for identifying non-functional requirements, validating and documenting solutions and communicating between staff.
Works closely with Digital Studio Directors, Architects, Product Managers, Business Sponsors, Technology Project Managers, Development Supervisors, Quality Assurance Managers & Supervisors, and other TS Operations Managers and Team Leads.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
•Understand how IT infrastructure systems and processes support business and corporate strategies and objectives.
•Lead the identification of IT infrastructure requirements and ensures technology services are built to support business objectives and growth.
•Work with solution delivery management to identify requirements and prioritize project deliverables. Provides project planners with resource, cost and delivery time estimates as required.
•Engages IT subject matter experts such as DBAs, Network Engineers, and System Engineers for design expertise as needed.
•Communicate IT opportunities and share best practices with IT management and, where appropriate, the business.
•Reviews the range of solutions available, and presents options and recommendations to the stakeholders on which ones are best to pursue.
•Present ideas and take them forward to successful implementation with full collaboration with internal stakeholders.
•Research and define proposed solutions and technical specifications as needed.
•Develop and maintain IT Operations standards, policies and procedures to support IT operations roadmap.
•Plans for projected growth to ensure system capacity and capabilities are available when needed.
•Streamline internal and external workflow by developing prebuilt models, templates and services.
•Reports system performance and other key system metrics to stakeholders.
•Provides backup support to System Engineers as needed.
•Provides on-call duties as needed.
•Performs other related duties as assigned.
•Influences annual capital and expense budget between $2-4M.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional collaboration and communication facilitation skills are required to manage through the often opposing demands put on systems design, development, and operations from a time, cost, scope, and quality perspective
• Proven ability to achieve results, make quality decisions, build relationships, drive success with people and adapt and learn
• Must be able to efficiently collaborate on dozens of simultaneous projects/work efforts.
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Related experience with enterprise-wide internal corporate application system support
Related experience high transaction volume consumer facing systems
Project management Experience
Experience working closely with technology organizations
BA/BS degree or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
Skills Preferred but Not Required:
• Digital gaming experience highly desirable.
• ITIL version 3 certifications highly desirable.