Java Server Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Our Client is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. We are currently hiring for an Architect/Senior Software Engineer with back-end server development experience in Java for their San Francisco headquarters. This is part of our central technology platform group.
- Hands-on cloud Architect and Senior Java Engineer. Responsible for new and existing infrastructure and technologies across the entire stack, determining direction and visualizing massive scale systems to support multiple services and clients.
- As the technology expert, you think in terms of large scale systems and create systems that can handle large numbers of users while remaining cost effective and flexible against business and product needs.
- 5+ years of Java experience and battle-hardened knowledge of making Java perform at scale.
- Experience with cloud computing and the technologies they offer as services. Able to describe the advantages/disadvantages of utilizing these services.
- Outstanding communication skills, both to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with architecting, designing and implementing a backend infrastructure that can support millions of concurrent users using Java and related open source technologies.
- Experience developing service oriented software that is connected by high scale messaging middleware.
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different patterns: point to point, publish/subscribe, message passing, event driven, web services, push vs. pull, synchronous vs. asynchronous, HTTP vs TCP etc.
- Devops experience, infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security practices.
- Expertise in scaling relational and non-relational databases, including document based datastores such as mongoDB.
- Working knowledge of noSQL solutions and the fundamental differences between SQL datastores and which solution to apply to specific problem sets.
- Able to pull from a toolbox of supporting technologies as needed to quickly identify live issues, such as monitoring, debugging, profiling tools etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and determining capacity at OS level.
- Thinks and communicates using design patterns, data structures, OOD, algorithms.
- Deep understanding of IaaS,SaaS,PaaS,GaaS.
- Agile/iterative development process oriented.
- Occasional travel required.
Contact Nick Scotti at WideNet Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org