- Salt Lake City, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. Through a collaborative association with the National Geographic Society, Animal Jam incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides free learning resources for teachers and parents through its “AJ Academy” portal. WildWorks is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a satellite office in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The WildWorks team of 120 includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
HR Director’s job is to manage benefits and compensation administration, assist in organizational development, and provide to employees counseling services and compliance training.
- Maintain An Employee-oriented organization culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, teamwork, high performance and quality.
- Apply U.S. and international employment law to ensure compliance with regulations and minimize company's legal liability.
- Oversee and administer the entire corporate benefits program, including health care, 401K and other employee contribution programs, and wellness programs. Additionally, manage any corresponding renewals, rate negotiations, and process migration.
- Manage the on-boarding process for newly-hired employees as well as separation process with with existing employees, including unemployment benefits, severance agreements, and termination for cause.
- Work with Controller to ensure accuracy of payroll process and PTO accruals.
- Ensure organizational conformation with applicable HR related regulations and statutes as well as organizational procedures and policies.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
- Create and manage employee training and organizational development programs.
- Maintain and promote corporate plans and activities that focus on employee welfare.
- Implement HR program and policies as needed by organization.
- Interface with recruiting and job placement services, help manage local and national searches.
- Organize and administer placement outreach with local universities and trade organizations, coordinate internship programs in cooperation with Wildworks department directors.
- Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business requirements and changes in local or federal law.
- Ability to draft technical or policy-related papers and to present technical information to senior management.
- Current and ongoing HR training to reflect knowledge of and familiarity with changes in labor laws and the employee benefits landscape.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office computing programs (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation decks).
- Ability to work collaboratively as needed.
- Ability to conduct initial negotiation with and vetting of contracts, vendors and providers.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Human Resources from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum 5 years experience as HR Manager/Director level at company with over 100+ employees.
- SPHR certification or equivalent, SPHRi preferred.
- Full Time position (remote or in office)
- Consultative-based employment also an option
- Minimum 40 hours a week
- Some travel may be required
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- No agents or third-party submissions, please.
- Only candidates submitted through our career link will be considered.